Chris was elected Trustee for OCDSB Zone 6 Rideau-Rockcliffe and Alta Vista in 2014. He is seeking re-election for a second term.
The father of two sons who have graduated from the Ottawa public school system, Chris first got involved in education matters as a parent and strong supporter of public education. Since his initial experience fighting the threatened closure of one son’s school in 1998, he has spent much time understanding and navigating the workings of the public School Board and advocating for meaningful consultation and public involvement. Chris believes that better quality education for students requires action at school, community and Board levels and has put his energies into all three levels through school councils, the Ottawa Carleton Assembly of School Councils, School Board Committees and as a parent and community volunteer.
Chris is also active in his local community and has sat on the board of the Rideau-Rockcliffe Community Resource Centre. In his spare time, he is a computer consultant.
- Community Representative on the Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) to the School Board
- One of the authors of the SEAC Handbook
- Along with two other SEAC members publish the SEAC Newsletter
- Coalition of Community Health and Resource Centres representative on the School Board's Advisory Committee on Equity (ACE)
- Support school councils in Zone 6 as a community member
- OCASC representative on the School Board's Budget Committee
- Chair, Ottawa Community Development Framework, Overbrook